Friday 4 June 2010

Hardware: Arduino

Over the past few weeks I have been reading up on some books, some posted in earlier post Book List. One which I read in one sitting was "Getting Started with Arduino", has made me very excited about stating to work with Arduino on this project.

I must say, all the books Ive been reading are targeted directly at designers/artists of projects just like this, so the books have given me a great understanding as they talk on the same level, I would thoroughly recommend them for any artists or designer thinking about interactivity in their work!

There is a long way to go yet but I now know that what I thought was impossible for me to do, will be totally possible, especially with the help of these books and advice/help from people who are interested in becoming involved. Another thing to explore is the online communities for the likes of Arduino, they will be a great resource for understanding and problem solving!

My next step with this project is to start prototyping using hardware and programming, I am just going through what best hardware to purchase, from the Arduino website there are a number of suppliers in the UK.

Arduino Website
Arduino Forums - to explore!

Suppliers UK:
Cool Components
SK Pang Electronics
oomlout
Robotiq
RobotBits

Got my eye on this one to begin with (Arduino Duemilano Starter Kit - E v2) from SK Pang.

No comments:

Post a Comment